How To Do It
- Together, use your imaginations to create an original story based on this picture.
- Write down your ideas in response to the questions below.
- Give the story a title and read aloud with emotions the story you just created.
- The last question asks you to connect the picture to your own stories.
- What do you think is happening here?
- Where would you say this is taking place? What sounds and smells could be experienced there?
- What might be the significance of the blue jewel and the “swirl” between the jewel and the sun?
- If the animals could talk, what do you think they would say to one another?
- What do you think might happen next?
- Share your favorite stories from your own childhood (for example, favorite fables, zoo trips, etc.).