How To Do It
- Supplies: Paper, pens, markers, three kitchen utensils with interesting shapes but not too complex.
- Trace one utensil at a time, overlapping shapes, until the paper is full with shapes.
- Use the thicker marker to select certain shapes to fill in with lines, dots, or solid color.
- Share your finished work with each other.
- Did you enjoy the process? What about the result? Would you like to try again with other utensils? Using colors, perhaps?
- What is your favorite dish to cook or bake? What about your favorite meal to eat?
- Who do you normally cook with or for?
- How did you learn to cook?
- What are some family traditions or customs involving food in your family?
- Tell each other a story related to cooking or baking.