How To Do It
- Supplies: Paper and any drawing supplies you have (pen, pencils, markers, crayons, paints), various sized circular objects to trace (cups, mugs, lids, bowls).
- Draw circles of various sizes all over your paper. Make them overlapping.
- Give your drawing a title.
- Select certain circles or parts of a circle to fill in with a color or pattern.
- Share your work with your partner.
- What do you like/dislike about your painting?
- Is there any meaning behind the colors and patterns you selected?
- Did you give your drawing a title? Why did you give it that title? Elaborate on your thoughts about your title (for example, if the title is “spring time” then discuss what gives you that spring-time feeling in your drawing, how you feel about the spring, and what you love to do in the spring time.)
- Would you change your drawing in any way?
- If you could add text to the drawing, what would it say?
- Look for “Circular Forms” paintings by Robert Delaunay. What do you think of his paintings?