How To Do It
- Supplies: Paper and any drawing supplies you have (pen, pencils, markers, crayons, paints).
- Draw a simplified tree to cover the entire page, with the main trunk and branches.
- Write names of your extended family members on the branches of the tree. This does not need to be an accurate genealogical tree. Place people who have close relationships near each other on the tree, regardless of their generation. You may include pets.
- Draw symbols for each person on the tree.
- Share your tree with your partner.
- Where are you in this family tree?
- Who is at the center of the family tree? Who holds the family together?
- What are some of the meanings of the symbols you have selected for key family members?