How To Do It
- Supplies: Paper and pen/pencil/markers.
- Select a word that is important to you. It can be your own name.
- Write this word vertically with the letters on the left edge of the paper.
- Write one word or phrase for each of the vertical letters to form an acrostic poem.
- Embellish with drawings, symbols, or colorful doodles.
- Share it with your partner.
- What made you choose that word? What is its significance to you?
- Have you always felt connected to this word/idea?
- How does this word/idea factor into your everyday life?
- Does your acrostic poem capture the meaning of the word you selected?