How To Do It
- Select a song and share the lyrics.
- Cross out the words you do not want to keep.
- Arrange and rearrange the words you kept to create a poem.
- Read or sing aloud with emotions the new poem created.
- Compare the original song with the poem you created. How are they similar or different?
- If you did this activity independently, did you end up with similar or different poems?
- What is the message/meaning of the song? Did this meaning change when you converted it into the shorter poem?
- Can you put the shorter poem to a new melody? How does this new song make you feel compared to the original song?